This MMI 3G interface / streaming audio adapter makes it possible to stream music from a mobile phone or other device with Bluetooth support in CD quality through your Audi MMI 3G ( High / Basic / Plus ) audio system.
Suitable for YouTube, iTunes, Spotify, Pandora and Deezer, among others.
Suitable Audi models with MMI 3G :
- Audi A4 8K year 2009 or later
- Audi A5 8T/8F from 2009 or later
- Audi A6 4F/4G year 2010 or later
- Audi A7 4G8 year 2010 - 2018
- Audi A8 4E built in 2009 or later
- Audi Q5 8R from 2009 or later
- Audi Q7 4L year 2009 or later
This device supports basic operating functionalities such as (PLAY, PAUSE, NEXT, PREV, FF, REW) via MMI buttons.
In addition, when playing music via Bluetooth, the title / artist name / album is displayed on the display of your MMI system (provided your radio and the app on your smartphone support text display).
The interface is supplied with the necessary power via the supplied cable.
This interface replaces the existing CD changer and is instead connected to the fiber optic connector.
It is therefore not possible to combine this module with an existing exchanger. Existing exchanger must be disconnected!
After this interface has been installed, an extra option will appear in the menu: "BT audio".
The installation takes place behind the MMI 3G unit.
- Turn off the ignition and the MMI system
- Connect the plugs of the supplied fiber optic cluster and the power cables. Point (1) and (2)
- Disconnect the plug of the fiber optic cable from the MMI 3G unit and connect it to the fiber optic cluster. Point (3)
- Connect the second plug of the fiber optic cluster to the connector of the MMI 3G unit instead of the disconnected fiber optic cluster. Point (4)
- Connect the black wire to ground and the red to +12V constant from the car's power supply system. Points (5) and (6). Possibly to be measured with a multimeter
- Turn on the ignition and the MMI system
Installation example video
To start playing external sound sources through the interface, a MEDIA button must be pressed in the first step. Then press SOURCE to display a list of available devices.
A 6-disc CD changer appears on the MMI screen.
On this screen, select Bluetooth option.
This interface remembers the last selected sound source and starts playing it after switching on the MMI system.
To pair a new device with the Bluetooth module of the interface, the Bluetooth option of the interface must be enabled.
After switching on the Bluetooth module on the interface, a smartphone must be used to search for new Bluetooth devices.
After your phone has been successfully paired with the interface's Bluetooth module, you can immediately start playing music.
The interface can be operated via a smartphone (or another connected Bluetooth device) itself or via the MMI control panel.
The interface will automatically attempt to reconnect to the last paired device. This function is active after starting the MMI system.
If the connection is not set up, this function is only active when Bluetooth is selected from CD changer option as the current audio source.
The interface attempts to connect to the last paired device at 30 second intervals. During this period the Bluetooth module is also visible for connection to a new device.
Scope of delivery
- Audi 3G MMI MOST Interface
- Fiber optic cable
- Wiring for connecting the power supply
- 2x red cable ties
- 2 year warranty
Which version MMI do I have? -> Check